Guests Terms and Conditions
- Lettings commence at 3 pm on day of arrival and end at 11 am on day of departure unless other arrangements have been made in advance.
- Smoking is not permitted within the hut.
- The number of people occupying the hut must not exceed those booked.
- The person booking the property will be responsible for the obligations and conditions of the booking.
- Persons must take responsibility for their own health and safety, in particular when using the BBQ and hot tub.
- The Owner provides what they consider to be sufficient logs, kindling and firelighters for the duration of your stay. In the event you require more these can be purchased on site. Please note ONLY well-seasoned hardwood can be used in the wood burner and hot tub.
- No responsibility for personal possessions can be accepted in or outside the property and for cars parked outside the property.
- Persons booking will not pass his/her booking to another party without consent from the Owner which will not be unreasonably withheld.
- Overnight visitors to the hut, not included within the booking, are not permitted under any circumstance.
- Two (2) night minimum stay applies unless promotions allow otherwise. Any damage to the property must be reported. Accidental damage or breakages over the value of £10 will be charged to the occupier. A £100 damage deposit is payable on arrival which will be refunded within 2 days of departure, minus any costs if anything is broken or damaged. An inventory accompanies the hut and all items listed remain the property of the Owner.
- We do not accept pets.
- WiFi Disclaimer – Guests are reminded that illegal file sharing is not permitted at this property and any violations will be the sole responsibility of the occupant.
- In the event of the hut becoming uninhabitable during your stay for the following reasons, fire, flood, electricity or water supply interruption, or acts of God, we reserve the right to offer a pro-rata refund. We cannot be liable for compensation due to loss of enjoyment in the event of the letting being affected by any of the above occurrences.
- In the event of cancellation, if payment has been made in full, we are able to offer a 75% refund if cancelled 8 weeks in advance of booking commencement. Cancellations made less than 8 weeks before commencement of booking will receive a refund of 75% of the total cost of the holiday only in the event the dates are re-booked. Cancellations must be notified in writing (including by email) to the Owner immediately. The deposit payment made to secure the booking is non-refundable. A holiday cancellation protection plan should be taken out to cover forced cancellations.
- All statements and information are given in good faith, are true and correct to the best of our knowledge and belief but the Owner accepts no liability in the event of any such statement or information being untrue or incorrect.
- The Owner accepts no liability for any accident, injury, loss or damage sustained by any guest, visitors, vehicles or personal effects howsoever caused.
- The Owner reserves the right to decline accommodation and to order any unauthorised person off the premises.
- The Owner reserves the right to enter premises at any time but will always endeavour to do so when convenient to guests.
- In the unlikely event of Guest’s conduct being unacceptable or where our Terms and Conditions are disregarded the Owner reserves the right to ask Guests to leave the premises. No refunds will be given in these circumstances.
- Guests are responsible for leaving the accommodation in good order and in a clean condition otherwise a cleaning charge will be levied. Please note that the convention for UK holiday cottages differs from hotels and holiday cottages in other countries. Guests are expected to leave the property in a similar state to which they find it (reasonable cleaning accepted).
In winning the prize the winner automatically conforms to our standard booking terms and conditions for the Shepherd’s hut, as listed above, with the addition of:
- Where any of the winner’s companions are aged under 18 years old, they must have prior parental or guardian permission and must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over when taking up the prize.
- The holiday is subject to availability and must be completed within the timescales given.
- All elements of the prize are subject to availability, non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.